Monday, January 05, 2004

Love Song (After Candice)

Do you have the courage to say I love you?
To say I love you to everything?
For when you say I love you to everything,
You say I love you to yourself.
To say I love you is a natural movement,
A natural movement of the soul.
It’s the heart’s desire to say I love you
And to always be loved by all.
Why is this? You may ask
And I’m going to answer you.
The soul’s own nature is truly love
And love is its all in all.
It’s only love that drives it on
It’s only love that moves it at all.
Like a fern uncurls or a bud blossoms forth
Or a compass needle points due north.
I can hear your objections
I hear your doubts.
They’re not different from mine at all.
How can love be everything,
In a world that looks like after the fall?
Looks are deceiving, illusion is strong
But they don’t amount to anything.
When the matter is looked at all full on
Doubt disappears and the heart will sing.
Like dew vaporizing in the morning sun,
Like frost melting when daylight comes.
Nothing exists except undying love
Which is all that you're made of.
Take a chance, tell yourself you’re free,
Dance into eternity.
Nothing to lose but your suffering,
Your suffering that doesn’t mean a thing.
Even pain is undying love
When you have the vision I’m speaking of.
When you dare to say I love you,
You’ll see so clearly what I’m pointing to.
It’s so easy, it’s not hard,
You need not be a saint or a bard,
To lose your armor, and leave the past behind,
Forget the future and release your mind.
It’s amazing what love can do,
Because it’s your true nature,
And that means you.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home