Thursday, December 25, 2003

Sayings Of Swami Silinanda

Through the grace of my guru, I discovered the path of forgetting: the maha-senileyana. Slowly, slowly, I am learning to forget everything. I am always trying to remember to forget. When I finally have forgotten even my own name and form, I will be home--but I won't recall the address.

When I met my guru, he gave me the divine mantra: "Om Tat What?" Drowning in the ceaseless river of holy repetition (japa), I have forgotten how to swim and left my bathing suit and sun tan lotion in the trunk of my car. I cannot even retrieve them anymore, for now I have also lost the keys.

Who is it that seeks divine forgetfulness? Who is asking? No thank you, I gave at the office.

"When you get to the bottom you go back to the top of the slide then you turn then you go for a ride." Who said that, what does it mean, and how does the rest of it go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home